Friday, October 29, 2010

Internship Search part 1

Well probably not very many of you know that I am searching for an internship for next semester. The process so far has been stressful for me. I went to the internship fair the Social Work department puts on to help us.  I didn't get any response from any of the agencies. Which was ok. I figured that I probably would have to work on getting an internship considering I'm not the most charismatic person in the program. I waited for a couple of weeks as all the agencies sent out their interview lists and there was one agency (who wasn't at the fair but got a lot of resumes sent to them the next week) to send out their interview list. So yesterday I figured it had been a couple of weeks and I needed to start calling other people on the internship list who weren't at the internship fair.  I tried calling 10 people I only got a hold of about 4 or 5 and left messages with the ones I could (some places I called I had absolutely no idea what their system was about and couldn't figure out how to get a hold of the person I wanted). I talked to 2 people who said they couldn't take interns or they didn't need them for the next semester. I went to tell the social work secretary that those people weren't taking interns so that other people who tried to call wouldn't have to call and could try and get an internship too. While I was talking to her, she told me that one of my professors was going to email me.  I got 3 emails from him today. I was kinda funny cause the emails were almost one right after another. One of them said that someone from the internship fair was interested in interviewing me! :) :) I was so excited! I want to do that one because it sounded really interesting. So I'm in the process of setting up an interview with her right now. :D So cross your fingers and wish me luck but don't forget to pray for me so that I can get an internship! :)

No comments: