(Unfortunately I have no pictures... sad!)
This past weekend was the most amazing weekend of my life. :) I was able to go and receive my own endowment Friday evening. The temple is such a beautiful and incredible place. I LOVED it! It all made so much sense. Then it was great to have gone with my brother and my sister, their spouses, my parents, and then aunts and uncles. I also had a wonderful close friend there who came with her husband. It was so great to share that experience with them!! Once I got to the Celestial room, everyone swarmed around me offering me congratulations. It was wonderful!! :) I especially enjoyed having my mother as my escort. Knowing that she was there and was supporting me in every step of the way was the best.
Then my dad and I took the opportunity to go to the Draper temple Saturday morning. It was such a great reminder of the covenants I had made the night before. It also felt so wonderful to remember that I was there on behalf of someone who couldn't be there for themselves physically. :) Once I got to the Celestial room, I knew I had to offer up a prayer of gratitude to Heavenly Father for the temple and for all the many many blessings He has given me.
I had mentioned to my dad that I wanted to see a sealing. There just happened to be a few couples in the room who were waiting to go into their sealing rooms. My dad went up to an ordinance worker and asked if she could ask a couple if we could observe their sealing. She came back and said the couple didn't have a lot of guests and that it would be okay for us to come. So we got to see this couple get sealed. The ceremony was so beautiful!!
I can't wait to go back to the temple! I'm planning a few temple trips for the next couple of weeks cause once I go back to El Paso I won't get to go very often. Then I will get to go in the MTC but I won't get to go for the rest of my mission.
Then also this weekend was a family reunion on my mom's side. It was so great to see all of my family. and get to spend time with them. It was great to play with all my nieces and nephews. They're all hilarious little kids. :) It was also really great to see my grandma. It was great to learn more about her and my grandpa from the different activities. Anywoo that was my weekend in a nutshell. :) I love you all. Keep on smiling and being who you are.
1 comment:
thanks for sharing your weekend with us! We love you and are excited for all the wonderful things going on in your life!
Post a Comment