Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reflections of the Past

My friend had been commenting on how so much had changed in the last two years and how it had gone so fast and how those days seemed not that long ago at the same time.   So I starting thinking about it about the last two years.
Two years ago I had just completed my first year of college, two years ago I had just moved into an off-campus apartment for the first time, two years I had no idea what exactly I wanted to major in (well I had ideas just not a decision) and two years ago I thought I was so far away from so many of my dreams.
My friend Haley and I in the dorms right before the end of the Winter 2009 Semester
If someone had told me that I was going to be sitting in my room working on stuff for my calling and of all the crazy things that have happened this weekend, I would have told them that they were insane and were probably lying to me. But this is my reality!!  I am sitting in my room two years later preparing for my last and final semester at BYU-Idaho(well only if I pass all my classes... Mom! I will, I promise! Stop worrying!), preparing for how busy it is going to be(I'll be juggling school/internship, church/calling, social life, and an institute class), thinking too much about stuff, and worrying how in the world I am going to do well in my calling that I am so excited for, preparing to graduate as a Social Work major, still having dreams but being so much closer to achieving them.  
I am now looking back at the last few years of my life wondering where the time went and how much I have loved almost every moment.  I am looking back and seeing where I learned new things and learned and became a better person.  While I am looking back,  I'm looking forward to the future with hope and excitement!!!
A picture taken not long before of the end of the Winter 2011 semester. :)

No comments: