Sunday, July 11, 2010

What a Night!

Today was my last Sunday in El Paso for who knows how long. Sadness. I was hanging out with some friends. We hang out at my friend Andrew's apartment pretty much every Sunday. It's a lot of fun. It's all the way on the other side of town! It usually takes me about half an hour to get home. Someone had taken someone else home and had said that the freeway was closed. I didn't really think a lot about it. I texted Mom telling her about what had said and we were trying to figure out if I needed to take an alternate route home. It turned out that just part of the freeway was closed on my way home for construction. I was kinda worried about how I was going to get home for a mile or so before the freeway opened up again.

Mom had asked me to come home when I did because a big storm was coming. And it is a very good thing I did cause I'd only been home for about 5 minutes before it started to POUR! I'm so grateful I wasn't out driving on the freeway in the rain.

And also tonight I can register for classes and it was so frustrating! The system kept telling me I couldn't register for the classes I wanted cause I wasn't authorized. I was thinking these are social work classes and I'm a social work major... so I should be able to register!! I was talking to another one of my friends who is a social work major and she was having problems too. I ask myself why do I put myself through the stress of trying to register at midnight? It's not like I have to compete with the rest of the school for my classes... just other social work majors.

BUT I'm registered!! Yay!! I'm going to be taking 18 credits! (kinda slightly insanely crazy!) I'm thinking it'll be ok though cause one of my classes is only going to be once a week or at least I'm trying to rationalize it that it'll be ok.

I was looking at my schedule and my classes start at 10:15 and 9:45 every day. super yay! I thought I was going to have a 7:45 class and I was not looking forward to it. But I won't have one... so I'm looking forward to my sleeping in a little. ;)

No comments: