So tonight I was assembling a bookshelf because I have a lot of books and one bookshelf is just simply not enough for me. (If you only knew anyway...)
So I got to this point and I thought I was almost done then I looked at it.
 |
| The wrong side of the wood is everywhere! Ughh it looks so bad!! |
I don't know if you can see all the mistakes that I made. I was pretty frustrated cause I just wanted to be done and have it over with. (the directions were confusing) As I was reading the directions it was talking about the backing(to the left of the photo) being important to keeping the whole thing together and I thought "Yeah right. like this flimsy piece of nothing could keep the whole bookshelf together." So I kept moving forward to finishing my bookshelf. Then I got to thinking well this doesn't look it's best and I might be leaving this at home at some point and I don't think my parents would appreciate this kinda ugly looking thing in their house. Then I started thinking about sin and how it kinda makes us kinda not so great looking spiritually. It taints us. And how sometimes we think well it doesn't look that bad. But to our Heavenly Father it is an eyesore because He can't look upon sin with the least degree of allowance. So I started taking the bookshelf apart to fix it. and it was NOT easy, it was frustrating and I just wanted wanted to be done cause I was hurting. I had to be patient and not give up and just work on it and eventually I was able to fix it. And that's how repentance is. It's not easy and it often hurts a lot. It takes time depending on what it is. But eventually after it all, we end up with what Heavenly Father wanted us to look like: clean and pure of sin.
And also it is a lot easier and saves us time in the long run if we just spend a little bit of extra time studying the directions. Same with keeping the commandments, it saves us time in the long run.
So there you go. The parable of the bookshelf. Who knew that putting that together would give me all of that?
| | |
| The finished project |
No comments:
Post a Comment