As mentioned in my previous post I'm officially an intern! Yay! I really love it so far. I know that there is so much that I can learn.
So the first day we went to Idaho Falls so we could get my ID badge. I mainly helped file folders that day and some other things. They taught me a little about the program they use for notes and such.
My second day yesterday I worked on my learning agreement for my internship seminar class. Then I helped file some more folders. haha.
Then today is the day where I just go in for the whole day and I helped my supervisor by calling people on her resource list and checking to see if those numbers were still correct. Then we went out and did some home visits with a few different people for a few different things. It was really interesting to see how different people responded to different questions and how very independent some of these adults are. Today also provided some interesting moments... I slipped and fell outside a client's home today luckily I had just run out to get a paper for my supervisor and no one else was around to watch the said fall. Then at another client's house their dog kept trying to get me to pet her and when I didn't respond to her scratching me on the arm she jumped into my lap and tried licking me in the face, which got her put on the ground and then that same action was repeated and she then got put outside. I would've just pet her normally but I decided that it was probably better for me to be paying attention to what was going on with my supervisor and the client. It was really funny though.
I am learning and I know I am going to keep learning a lot. Basically so far the biggest thing I have learned about is a UAII form. (don't ask what UAII stands for because I don't actually remember... I remember that the U stands for universal and that is about it...). The UAII form basically has a lot of questions that determine a person's level of functioning because it asks questions about if they can feed themselves, go shopping for themselves, bathe themselves, and etc. The answers are put into a program later that computes what their specific level of functioning. It is pretty cool. So far that's what I learned this week.
I don't have to go in until Tues of next week because my supervisor is taking the day off tomorrow and Monday but I definitely have stuff to keep me busy at home. I have a few books to read and a few videos to watch. Well that's the funness of my life so far!! I'm going to be busy!
1 comment:
sounds like you are having a good time with your internship!
Post a Comment