Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Adventures of Yesterday

(Ps, before I start this post... to Michelle and Amy who thought it was gross that I had my wisdom teeth, I threw them away because Dad said that they would become poisonous and I didn't want that so I just have the picture as a momentum. :))
Yesterday was quite an adventure that is for sure on our way to Las Vegas. We left the house at about 10:45 am.  We weren't hitting too much traffic until we got into Phoenix (no surprise there).  But we got through Phoenix without too many problems.
Then we went through until we got to interstate 40.  Once we got there we immediately hit standstill traffic.  We sat there for a couple of minutes until we called my brother Ben to try to get information of why we were stopped.  He looked up that it was an accident recovery and we assumed we'd be on our way fairly soon.  But no, we were there for another 2 hours.  My dad fell asleep.  My mom and I stayed up and just talked and wondered why we weren't moving!  Then my dad woke up and asked if we knew what was going on and he decided to get out and walk around and see if anyone knew exactly what happened.  He got out and he started talking to a guy in front of us.  Then while he was out all the cars started turning on so he ran back to the car to tell us what had happened.  He said the man he talked to had said that there had been a car fire.  So as we were driving down the road we were looking for a car that could have been on fire.  We didn't see a car... we saw the shell of what used to be a semi truck in the middle of the highway. We pulled off on one the first exits because we needed gas and to use the restrooms.  At the gas station, my dad saw some fireman and went up to talk to them to figure out more of what had happened.  They told him that a semi truck had caught on fire and then the fire spread to the cargo... The cargo was aerosol cans, which of course are flammable... The fireman told my dad that the cans were shooting up in the air and some of the cans were hitting firemen.  He also said that because it was such a dangerous situation they were having to fight the fire from farther away than they usually would.
Then we drove over the new bridge that goes over hoover dam...  We drove over it at about 11:30 pm pacific time and I had been asleep and my parents woke me up to see us drive over it and see that it is not that scary to drive over it.  And it wasn't.  I want to go on a tour to see over the side of it.
Well that was my adventure driving to Vegas! :)

No comments: