Friday, October 16, 2009

News from the Past Week

Tuesday: I got sick. I didn't think much of it but I took some medicine and hoped I would feel better soon! My roommate and I had similar symptoms so we think we just caught a cold or something. My only symptoms at this point were stuffy and runny nose with a very very sore throat.

Wednesday: Still not better! AHHH! :( I started coughing too. My throat was still hurting. All I wanted to do was curl up in bed and stay there forever! haha. I didn't have a fever which was really frustrating but what's a gal to do? Since I didn't have a fever I felt like I didn't really have a good excuse to not go to class.

Thursday: That night was crazy. I was coughing soo hard and hardly got any sleep! :( BOO! And my throat felt like it was burning! It was horrible. So I finally up at 6 am compared to when I usually get up... haha. I got a doctor's appointment. The doctor said that I probably had strep or the flu (regualr or swine(yikes!)) or a virus. So we checked for strep and the flu. Which luckily I had neither!! Woot! But I still had to go to class but just be extra careful as to not get anyone else sick.

Friday: So today I was checking my school email while I was in class. This email suddenly popped up. The subject line was Social Work Application. At first, I was kinda uhhh I should open this. I was kinda scared though cause I didn't know if I was going to be accepted or not. So I opened it and read it. (And if you haven't already figured it out...) I GOT ACCEPTED!!! :D :D :D haha. Soooo excited!!!! :) I didn't know how long they were going to make me wait but I only waited 2 weeks! (what a relief!) It about drove me crazy waiting for my class to get over so I could call my parents. I called my dad first cause my mom wasn't available. I made him guess. He only guessed one thing (and I don't remember what it was) before just saying tell me. I told him I got accepted and he was really happy for me. Then I called my mom and left a voicemail saying she need to call me back as soon as she could. She called back a little while later and I told her she had three guesses. Her first guess was you got a really good grade in one of your classes? I said Better than that. Her next guess was you got accepted to the social work program? I said Ding Ding Ding Mom is correct!! Then I think she screamed and went on about how excited and happy she was for me. :)
Today was such a good day for me. Even though I'm sick. I'm still really happy. :) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! again and again! LOTS OF LOVE, MOM