I really should be sleeping. But I decided that I need to write something since I am really grateful for this evening.
Back story: I had decided I was going to go do a session at the temple with a friend's ward tonight at 6:30. But about half way through the afternoon, I got a crazy idea that I really wanted to go with my friend to get yogurt. Then I had planned to go visit teaching at 5:30. I kept thinking that I should push up visiting teaching so I could make it to the session on time. But the thought kept occurring to me that I shouldn't rush visiting teaching and that I should give the girl enough time. Then I thought well if I am out by 6 I could still go do sealings and it wouldn't be too late. But I didn't get out of visiting teaching until almost 6:30 and by then I just decided I needed to go home and finish some stuff.
Well come to find out my friend sent me a link to a news article. A really sad thing happened. A man committed suicide in front of the temple this evening between 6:30/6:40ish, right as I would have been walking through the temple doors if things had gone as planned. I really don't think I would have been harmed physically, but I think I would have been hurting mentally and emotionally right now if I had seen it happen. So I am grateful for the little promptings that don't seem to be big deals or really matter in the great scheme of things but sometimes actually do. I am grateful I wasn't put into a situation that would have actually made life harder on me, as I am already stressed out majorly. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father's protection. But that's enough for today. Just remember to be grateful for the small things, because you never know how they really do affect you. I am going to be thanking Heavenly Father and also praying for the young man and his family and others affected by the events tonight.
Link to the news article.
http://m.lvsun.com/news/2013/nov/19/man-kills-himself-outside-las-vegas-mormon-temple/
No comments:
Post a Comment