Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Summer in Review

So I am re-posting this because I accidentally deleted my other post about my summer. Here it goes...

It all started with my birthday. :D oh the joys of having a birthday right as summer starts.  (but I lack pictures on my computer of my birthday party... sad day!) It was celebrated with Brave in the park and homemade pizookies at my house. Yum!
I also went to Zion National Park with my brother for the first time. It was so much fun! I loved all of it.
Trail to Angel's Landing. My mom thought I would fall off and die. (which I kinda thought to...so we only got to this point... but STILL that's a feat if you have ever hiked that trail!)


Then off to EFY I went. Originally when I left for the summer I was only contracted for 5 weeks. But within 2 weeks of leaving for Utah I had a total of 10 weeks! It was amazing. I love love love efy. (I want to do it for the rest of my life. But we will see how life works out for me eh?) So just some of the highlights because I could go on and on but I don't think you want me to! 
Provo 2A: Me and my girls. Such a great group to start of my summer. I learned and grew so much that week! It was definitely the first week that I could have needed!

Provo 3A: Love these 2 girls. Rachel the middle one was roommate there in Provo and we become instant best friends. Perfect planning on whoever put us together.  Then Amy the redhead was my roommate at BYU-I my freshman year! It was so much fun to be a counselor with her! (Hard to believe we have known each other for 5 years now!)

Provo 3A: Dani! My friend from home who doesn't live in El Paso anymore... but she came to see me during free time one day! It was so much fun! :)

Provo 3A: My girlies. Love them to death! They were my most favorite older group of the summer. They LOVED to tease me. It was great fun!

Provo 4A: Colored pants day with my cute girls! I only had 8 that week. learning their names was easy!

Nauvoo 1: You are never lost when you can see the temple. The temple will provide direction for you and your family in a world filled with chaos. It is an eternal guidepost which will help you from getting lost in the “mist of darkness.” Elder Gary E. Stevensen   I love this quote and this photo. I loved those girls so so much. Even though when they had boys complaining of girls being loud above them it was them. That's what you get for sticking 6 girls in a hotel room all together for a week. Dance parties and silly 'morse code' conversations with the boys in our group beneath them.

Nauvoo temple. Can I just say Nauvoo was just AMAZING?! I want to go back so BAD! (If I can hopefully I'll get chosen as a counselor to go there again next year!) Nauvoo brought out such tender feelings in me. My testimony of Joseph Smith was strengthened so much. I could go on and on about Nauvoo too. But I will stop here.

SLC 1: Smile! :D Such a fun group of kids. They were super strong and I am confident in each of them.

SLC 1: all of our favorite scriptures spelling EFY. Best idea from a co counselor yet!

SLC 2: My girls! This week was... interesting to say the least. Lots of challenges happened. But a lot of miracles were seen because of those challenges. I probably saw one of the sweetest change of hearts that I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

SLC 2: Some of my absolute favorite boys on the face of the planet. I just love those kids! They really impressed me and continue to impress me now.

SLC 3 My girls and me. aren't they cute?! We had some fun adventures. ha! Oh that week was entertaining!

Rexburg 1: We were a crazy group of kids and I loved it.

Rexburg 2: Have you noticed my crazy streak? if you want to see more refer to facebook pictures! It made it more fun when my girls were crazy with me.

Rexburg 2 Company Dig a Pit! Best company name ever.

Rachel is the blonde and Sarah is the brunette. We met at new counselor training in June.  Then worked Provo 2A and Rexburg 3 together. So we started off the summer and ended it together. They are some of my favorite people of the summer.

Rexburg 3: Noticed my craziness again? ha! Obviously we weren't ready for the picture! I don't remember having my hands in the air either....
Well that was my summer adventures so here I am changed by 200+ youth, 14 co counselors, 10 session directors, 8 building counselors, 7 coordinators later, 1 year older.... Life is good. I have changed in ways I didn't plan on and I am so happy about it. Here you go folks. Now I am off on my next grand adventure which is grad school!

No comments: