 |
| This is a picture of me at my last district meeting of my mission |
Well most of you probably know but for those of you that I don't, I came home from my mission about 5 months ago. I came home about 10 days after my year mark. My "official" release date was supposed to be Feb 20, 2013. So I thought this week would be full of being a newly returned missionary, chuck full of awkwardness, confusion, and happiness that only comes when returning from your mission. But due to some things out of my control (things of which I am not going to go into particulars here), I was fasting and praying about coming home all of August and into September and finally decided returning home was the best thing for me. Don't get me wrong coming home early was an extremely difficult decision. I did NOT want to leave Pennsylvania early. But I knew it was the right thing to do. At times I felt like it led to more trials, which frustrated me to no end. It has really taught me a lot about myself though and about my relationship with my Savior and Heavenly Father. Also I have followed some more difficult promptings from the Spirit which lead me to move away from home. But as I have followed the Spirit, I am AMAZED at what has happened in my life!!! I have been blessed in more ways than one. Tonight I got some exciting news and as I thought about it, suddenly every disappointment and frustration I had felt over the last few years was explained. I could see how Heavenly Father had lead me to where I was supposed to be at this exact moment. I could see how I was never forgotten with things that I wanted to do, I just needed to wait on God's timetable. Also I could see why Heavenly Father had chosen to send me home 5 months early. I wouldn't be
where He needed me and done what
He wanted me to do if I had stayed on my mission. Knowing I am where God wants me to be is the best blessing of all. So I am excited to see what happens next.
1 comment:
cute pic!!!
Post a Comment